Do-It-Yourselfers, crafters, and makers will find more than 1,000 video classes taught by design experts and artists. Material lists by brand name are provided, and transcripts and patterns can be downloaded. Public-performance rights are included. Class subjects include:
- Art and Design (ceramics, drawing, home décor, lettering, painting),
- Sewing (baby, garments, pattern drafting), quilting, paper (cards, collages, decoupage, paper flowers),
- Yarn work (knitting and crochet),
- Food and home (canning, cake decorating),
- Jewelry (beading, leather, metal and wire), and
- Holiday themed.
Prepare for success with practice tests and study materials, including the full-text of study guides and test-preparation books in PDF format. Available topics include ACT, SAT, GED, Armed Services, Citizenship, Firefighter, Police, Postal Worker, Real Estate, and more.
The Popular Software Skills Center includes instruction in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, SharePoint Designer, Visio, and Word) and Windows.
Learn something new today! . . . or keep your skills up to date with Universal Class. This series of 500 online courses from Recorded Books includes computer skills, GED training, teacher education, nursing topics, and office skills. The courses are self paced, instructor led, and accessible to our patrons anywhere they have an Internet connection. CEUs are available (though their acceptability is up to the individual employer).
- Connect with a live expert to learn more about eligible VA benefits and community resources.
- Get help transitioning their resumes from military to civilian careers.
- Work online with a live tutor to get help with computers and technology, English, job search, math, and science.